Bush wrote in a New York Times opinion piece about Trump's "grab them by
the pussy" comment made on a hot mic in an "Access Hollywood" bus in
2005.


Former "Access Hollywood" host Billy Bush broke his silence Monday to confirm he and seven other people witnessed President Donald Trump boasting about grabbing women by their genitals.
Bush accused Trump of
engaging in "revisionist history" amid reports the president was
questioning the authenticity of a recording featuring the lewd comments
leaked just a month before the November 2016 election.
"He said it," Bush wrote in a New York Times opinion piece about Trump's "grab them by the pussy" comment made on a hot mic in an "Access Hollywood" bus in 2005.
"And we laughed along, without a single doubt that this was hypothetical hot air from America's highest-rated bloviator," said Bush, who was fired from NBC's "Today" after the tape surfaced last year.
Offering
an explanation about why he did not take action upon hearing the crude
boasts of assault, Bush added: "There were seven other guys present on
the bus at the time, and every single one of us assumed we were
listening to a crass standup act. He was performing. Surely, we thought,
none of this was real."
However, he added, "we now know better," referring to women who have come forward to accuse Trump of unwanted sexual advances.
Trump won the election despite the outrage triggered by the recording.
But
that was before the watershed moment of reckoning America is now
experiencing after scores of sexual assault and harassment claims have
felled entertainment, political, media and business leaders who abused
their positions of power.
'Just words'?
At
the time of the tape's release, Trump dismissed the comments as "just
words" and "locker room talk," and denied the sexual assault
allegations, threatening to sue his accusers after the election.
The
New York Times and The Washington Post reported in recent days that
Trump had supporters and at least one senator that it may have been
faked, and that the voice was not his.
Bush, a nephew of former president George H.W. Bush, said he believed the women accusing Trump.
"President Trump is currently indulging in some revisionist history... "This has hit a raw nerve in me," Billy Bush said.
"I
can only imagine how it has reopened the wounds of the women who came
forward with their stories about him, and did not receive enough
attention."
Bush noted that at the time
of the recording, he was only in his first year of co-anchoring NBC's
"Access Hollywood," while Trump was "the network's biggest star" due to
his role on "The Apprentice."
"To these
women: I will never know the fear you felt or the frustration of being
summarily dismissed and called a liar, but I do know a lot about the
anguish of being inexorably linked to Donald Trump," Bush added.
"You have my respect and admiration. You are culture warriors at the forefront of necessary change."






.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please do not enter any spam link in the comment box.